The Society of Cosmetic Scientists
The Society of Cosmetic Scientists was established in 1948 to:
- Advance the science of cosmetics and toiletries.
- Provide the means for the dissemination and interchange of knowledge pertinent to cosmetic and related sciences.
- Promote high ethical standards in cosmetic science.
- Improve the professional status of members.
- Encourage education and research in cosmetic and related sciences.
A major way in which the Society has pursued these aims has been to offer a part time Diploma in Cosmetic Science. The course has succeeded in providing an employment-led and competence-based education giving an integrated knowledge of the fundamentals of cosmetic science and the industry.
The Diploma Course has been successfully delivered by distance learning for over 20 years and is regularly updated to keep abreast of developments in technology and legislation.
You can learn more about the Society and its educational activities on the SCS website